Currently Available Positions
Position: Accounting and Audit Associate
Location: New Orleans, LA
Required Experience: experience in public accounting
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience
Who we are:
Hymel & Ready is a full-service accounting firm located in downtown New Orleans. We offer traditional accounting and tax services and well as a wide range of consulting services, including but not limited to litigation support, forensic accounting, and economic damages calculations.
What it’s like to work with us:
Hymel & Ready is a progressive firm that utilizes technology to create efficiencies, which also allow for flexible working arrangements. We offer a laidback atmosphere and work-life balance. We are open to flexible working arrangements to accommodate family or other needs.
Hymel & Ready, apac is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter, capable of owing a task set
- You’re detailed, creative and insightful
- You love exploring and being kept on your toes
- You blossom when challenged
- You’re open minded and able to shift course when needed
- You delight in working as part of a collaborative team and you shine individually too
- You are committed to excellence in the work place
Why we’re looking for you:
Hymel & Ready is looking for an exceptional associate to join our squad. This position is responsible for managing the accounting consulting function, serving as in-charge for audits, reviews, and agreed upon procedures, and performance of tax incentive related engagements. Our growing firm is expanding our accounting and audit practice and is looking for an experienced individual to fill the need. This position is responsible for supervising others and reviewing their work.
- Manage accounting consulting services and assurance services.
- Oversee payroll services.
- Serve as in-charge for assurance services.
- Supervise others.
- Review work-papers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strong understanding of GAAP and cash basis financial statements
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Experience turning high-level instruction into actionable plans
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours and fluid responsibilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Dedication to team, project and client service
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated, enthusiastic and highly organized
- Work efficiently with a sense of urgency, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time